Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Collective [massive!] Book Haul

Not that I really need to be buying anything more -- but I've been collecting these books since -- well to be honest a couple of them are from when Borders went out of business last year!  I had put them in my bookshelf (which is in my closet) and totally forgotten about them -- and some of them are more recent (as in...2 days ago).

Keeping in mind that I'm still reading Game of Thrones...haha!

I thought I'd start with the books on my Kindle Fire that have been purchased or the free editions -- those are always good too :)

  • The Complete Jane Austen Collection
  • Peter and Wendy by J.M. Barrie
  • The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
  • A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
  • A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
  • Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
  • A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
  • The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  • Grimm's Fairy Tales
  • Unenchanted by Chanda Hahn
  • Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
  • Grimm Diaries Prequels 1-6 by Cameron Jace
  • The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
  • The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
  • Tales from Earthsea by Ursula K. LeGuin
  • The Call of the Wild by Jack London
  • Moby Dick by Herman Melville
  • Othello by William Shakespeare
  • Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
  • The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
  • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
  • 2 B R O 2 B by Kurt Vonnegut
  • The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
  • Who Framed Roger Rabbit by Gary K. Wolf
Phew!  That was a long list.  You guys are going to think I'm crazy by the time this post is over!!!  I do most of my reading in the summer to be honest.  When I'm sitting by my mom's pool and I have a full day off I can read a book...sometimes two (depending on length and my attention span! Hehe!)

So without further ado...here are the physical books I've had stacked to read...also of note, one is missing and that one is The Tontine by Thomas B. Costain (loaned to me by my boss' father of course!)




  • A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. LeGuin - This I have been looking for...FOR AGES!  I adore the adaptation SyFy did but no bookstore has had it.  I found it at a local bookstore (yay local!) and it was $4!  I was going to buy them all on my Kindle, but I think I'll order them from the local store instead :)
  • The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd - This has been on my to-read list for almost a year and I found a used copy of it at Bull Moose for $2.97!
  • Light Fantastic by John Lahr - son of Burt Lahr (remember him? He was in The Wizard of Oz!!)  I am a theater nerd at heart and this is a collective work of essays - I thought it would be interesting.
  • Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger - again, been on my to-read list for quite some time.
  • Exit The Actress by Priya Parmar - another theater themed one...and historical fiction as well.
  • The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton - this was one that had been sitting in the Lost and Found pile at work for quite some time so I asked if I could borrow it to read.




  • The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb by Melanie Benjamin - I read Alice I Have Been last summer and enjoyed it so much I couldn't wait to own this one!  I look forward to reading it poolside this summer!
  • Letters to A Young Artist by Anna Deavere Smith - Advice for aspiring artists...clearly for me!
  • I Got The Show Right Here by Cy Feuer - we were given this back in 2008 when I attended SpringboardNYC and I thought I'd misplaced it - and I hadn't!  So excited for this one as well!
  • Theater Geek by Micky Rapkin - I am not going to lie, I got this when Borders went out of business for something insane like a dollar...and it's about Stagedoor Manor (a summer theater intensive - was the basis for the movie CAMP)
  • A Challenge for the Actor by Uta Hagen - I cannot wait to read this.  I rarely like having two books going, but I may forget that rule for this one...just for the exercises alone!


And if you made it through all that and don't think I'm a complete nut for reading things that are...for the most part...all over the place - then thanks!  Haha.

If you have any book recommendations, leave them as a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment